Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Granite Sealants From Granite Shield
1. Why should I not buy a granite countertop sealant from a store, but instead use Granite Shield?
By using Granite Shield’s granite sealants, your surfaces become free of maintenance. Plus, Granite Shield will give you a lifetime warranty for your granite countertop sealant, which means you’d never have to seal it again. If you purchased granite sealants off the shelf, you would have to reapply the products every six months to a year and they would not hold up against all stains, including acidic juices, alcohol, vinegar and oil. For flooring sealants, you would receive a 10 year warranty and 5 years at 100%.
2. Will the granite countertop sealant make the stone shinier?
If the surface has glossy appearance, Granite Shield’s process strengthens the shine significantly.
3. Will your granite sealants give my matte flooring or honed countertop a shiny look?
When used on matte or honed finishes, our granite sealants do not add shine or change the matte or honed finish. On the other hand, if the stone had a shine to begin with, the granite countertop sealant will greatly increase the shine.
4. Will the pits and fissures in my natural stone still be visible?
While our granite sealants will not fill in natural pits and fissure, they do strongly diminish them.
5. How long does the application process take?
Typically it takes about one to two hours to apply granite countertop sealant to an average sized kitchen. The amount of time it takes for flooring depends on the amount of square footage being covered.
6. Does the surface have to “cure” after the granite sealants are applied?
The natural stone surfaces in your home can be used immediately after application.
7. Can I apply Granite Shield’s granite countertop sealant myself?
Only through an Authorized Applicator you will have a Lifetime Warranty for your sealed countertops, however we do offer a DIY kit on our online Store that you can apply yourself without our lifetime Warranty.
8. After granite countertop sealant is added to my marble or travertine, will it still etch?
Although there is nothing available that can make marble or travertine completely free from etching, Granite Shield’s process greatly decreases the etching, up to 80%. We also offer etch removal polishers that only take five minutes to get rid of etches. Keep in mind that acidic juices, alcohol and vinegar can etch your marble and travertine if they are left for very long on natural surfaces.
9. Will the granite surfaces still etch after the Granite Shield application?
Our granite countertop sealant has proven to be etch-proof on granite. Therefore, we offer a lifetime warranty to back up that claim. Because some granite contain calcite, such as absolute black and blue bahia they can etch, the lifetime warranty is only for the stain protection not for the etching natural reaction of the stone.
10. What if the stone already has stains or etches?
For a fee, we can remove any stains or etches in your stone. We also provide complete restoration services to our customers in most areas.
11. Can granite sealants be used outside?
Granite Shield’s process can be utilized on any outdoor surface.
12. Is your granite countertop sealant limited to only stone surfaces?
Any hard surface can benefit from Granite Shield including all stones, glass, stainless steel, wood, cement, brick, fiberglass, porcelain, tile, grout and many more.
13. How can I get in contact Granite Shield of Atlanta?